Players are evaluated during a try-out and assigned to a team based on skill level, attitude, and potential team chemistry. Unfortunately, not all players will be assigned to a travel team. We encourage those players that are not assigned to a travel team to continue to participate with the NYSL rec program and take advantage of training sessions and clinics offered by NYSL.
Try-outs are being scheduled for the Fall 2020 season. The tryouts will be for ALL players. The birth years will be 2007- 2013.
Due to Covid-19 restrictions, we will be spreading tryouts across several days with different age groups scheduled for different days. Other Covid-19 tryout restrictions from state and local requirements are identified below.
Between 7/9 and 7/16, exact dates to be determined.
Players may only attend ONE tryout date.
Bring: shin guards, cleats, ball, water and wear a plain solid color t-shirt (no jerseys with numbers, please)
Questions? Contact: Todd Sullivan, Director of Travel,
*Preregistration is required. Go to the NYSL Registration page. Be sure to scroll down to the section 2020-21 (Fall) Travel Team Tryouts - Birth years 2007-2013. Registration should begin on 7/1/2020.
COVID-19 Tryout Responsibilities
- Players should wear masks prior to and immediately after training (if suggested under state/local authorities).
- Players should observe social distancing when not in play.
- Players shall be required to wash or sanitize their hands prior to and after training
- Players must wash their clothes immediately up returning home.
- Players must NOT share drinks, food, equipment or clothing at any time.
- Contact outside of play (e.g. high 5s, hugs, etc.) shall be avoided at all times.
- Players will not touch equipment (soccer balls, cones, etc) with their hands.
- Parents should have hand sanitizer available for their children before and after each session.
- Parent shall remain in their cars during all activities. They may not congregate at or around the field. If they leave their car for any reason (e.g. to use a restroom) they must wear a face mask and observe social distancing if suggested under local/state guidelines.
- Should parents feel the need to communicate with a coach, it must be done via telecommunications or email.
- Parents should check player’s temperature before every activity. If the temperature is above normal, keep player home.
- Ensure your child’s clothes/equipment are clean and/or sanitized before every activity.
- Notify your club if your child becomes ill for any reason.